Sustainable community food market group, Mercato Metropolitano (MM), has opened its Elephant & Castle market, ‘MMy Elephant Park’ with six new food traders.
The new and improved marketplace is said to offer a quieter and more residential space to catch up with friends while enjoying fresh produce that’s prepared on-site by a handful of trading partners – all of which have been carefully selected to align with the MM values of making a positive social impact on people’s lives and the planet.
The six new trading partners are:
• Hachalito – an award-winning tequila and agave cocktail bar. London’s only Agaveria and home of the Mirror Margarita – voted Time Out’s 7th Best Cocktail in the World.
• Wing Fest – a celebration of the chicken wing, burgers and loaded fries with lots of options.
• Native – freshly-made pizza by the slice.
• All That Falafel & Kebab – serving vegan falafel and kebabs.
• 3KOBROS – an authentic Korean kitchen offering bibimbap, noodles, and buns.
• The MM Grocery – a grocery store offering ethical and sustainable produce. This will open on September 14.
The new food vendors will join existing trader, Badiani, which opened its first-ever gelato retail store in the market a number of years ago and has since become the official sponsor for the Italian Cultural Institute.
Mercato Metropolitano (MM) is focused on regenerating and revitalising urban neighbourhoods and building communities around good, healthy, and affordable food for everyone. Its Elephant Park market, near to its flagship Elephant & Castle market, is located close to outdoor space and playgrounds, offering a central hub for families and local residents.
The development of the MMy Elephant Park site is said to be a symbol of MM’s commitment to driving forward its MMovement – centred around community inclusion, seasonal produce, nutritious food, and the preservation of the environment.
Andrea Rasca, CEO and founder of MM, said: “We are immensely proud to be reimagining our MMy Elephant Park site, bringing six new trading partners to the area for local communities to have access to good, healthy and affordable food.
“Through our MMovement, our mission is to build more inclusive communities and sustainable local food systems. We want to bring together individuals, groups and organisations who share our goal of improving access to nutritious food for everyone, along with other philanthropic and social activities that make a positive impact on people’s lives and the planet.
“We are so committed to driving forward our collective MMovement through all of our MM markets, and I can’t wait to see what the future has in store for this second Elephant & Castle market.”