Victoria Square, Belfast
Managed by LSH
Category sponsored by ADI.TV
Lauren Campbell is a passionate marketing professional with over a decade’s experience in the marketing sector and six years now spent as marketing manager at Victoria Square.
Highlights for 2017 include:
• Full marketing function brought in-house (previously supported by an agency) demonstrating the landlord’s confidence in Lauren’s abilities.
• Two new members of staff (retail liaison and marketing assistant) added to the marketing team
• Most successful year since opening for marketing events in terms of footfall, sales, retailer participation and customer engagement.
• Yearly footfall health level in a fragile market; up against extremely positive 2016 figures reflecting the success of the strategic marketing plan to achieve commercial goals.
• Increased PR coverage
It is Lauren’s mission to foster a customer-oriented culture which is committed to enhancing the visitor experience. She is passionate about giving customers a reason to choose Victoria Square and delivers this vision by constantly reinventing the offer through mall dressing, innovative campaigns and engaging events. These include:
• Four-week Discover our Museum installation to give back to the local community with a strong regional press engagement.
• The largest-ever student event in 2017
• The largest-ever Christmas light switch-on in 2017
Strategic community partnerships including Belfast Photo Festival and the Belfast Festival of Fools. The 10th anniversary campaign majored on how proud of the centre its customers are and how Victoria Square has become an iconic symbol of the new Belfast. This campaign provoked emotion and embodied the customers’ perception of the centre.
Key metrics include:
• Footfall up 0.5% to 11.98 million in a very fragile market
• Sales up 4.67% like-for-like and 6.03% total vs 2016
• Dwell time 80 minutes vs 71 in 2016
• ROI of 340% in 2017
• £4.40 generated for every £1 of marketing spend